Vampire Soiree - A Vampires Garden




I’m imagining hobbies as being very important for all creatures of the living dead, after all eternal life could get very boring very quickly if one didn’t have something to keep them amused and an interest in continual life. What better hobby than gardening and it’s by no means beyond achievement for a vampire. Mother Nature has been most generous in providing plants that not only prefer to flower at night but also many that save their best scent for the evening hours. 

A night garden can delight in sound and light effects, the trickling sound of water is just, if not more magical at night as in the daylight hours. Light coloured flowers and marble white statuary will reflect the moons rays and natures splashes of colour are not reserved for the day alone. Mystical and romantic or a shimmery of shadows to create an eerie atmosphere with intoxicating fragrances to dull and calm the senses of those foolish enough to trespass in the vampire’s garden. 

The best scent of the Honeysuckle, Night Stocks and Jasmine are kept for the dwellers of the evening hours, others plants hold their beauty secret from those of the day. 


Moon flowers bloom as the moonlight takes over from the sun, shielding their beauty and closing up tight when the sunlight touches their petals, a perfect plant for the vampire horticulturist. 


Lilies such as the lovely moonlight white Casablanca Lily offers the night garden the most intoxicating of scents for the senses. 


The Nottingham Catchfly, so called due to the profusion of these flowers that once covered the walls of Nottingham Castle, sadly all now lost from the place they got their name. It’s heady fragrance will grace the evening air. 


Colour is not to be restricted either, water lilies such as the tropical Red Flare bring a  rich red bloom to dark waters, flowering at twilight along with the night loving bright yellow Evening Primrose for denizens of the night who love a splash of colour. 



The wealthier vampire who may have a conservatory to enjoy the evening hours in, may well indulge in a passion for more exotic blooms such as the Dragon Fruit Flower from Mexico, a flower that reaches perfection at the midnight hours. The Brahma Kamal, named after the Hindu god Brahma may also be found in such a collection.



Those vampires who enjoy a sense of humor maybe amused to have some Bleeding Hearts or Angel Trumpets with their beauty and intoxicating fragrance a brilliant disguise of their poisonous nature. 



This post is written as part of the Vampire Soiree 
Please visit to see who the other party guests are.
http://hollyshorrorland.blogspot.com.au/2015/01/invitation-to-fourth-annual-vampires.html

Later (when my camera's charged up) I'll be visiting the Soiree
again as the dollies have their own little vampire tea Soiree.

The dollies now have their tea party online
if you'd like to visit you can be sure of a warm welcome
Midnight Miniatures, Bears and Dolls.

Thanks for visiting me today. 
 

Comments

  1. I've always loved the idea of a night blooming garden! Thank you for the lovely guide to these special flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen bleeding heart flowers...I wonder if they'll grow in Eastern North Carolina! Thank you for having me over for the Vampire Day Soiree...I'll pop by later to see what the dollies have been up to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting concept, a vampire's garden! I'm surrounded by honeysuckle where I live and I can well attest to its nightly fragrance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love Bleeding Hearts and the idea of a night garden is just perfect!

    A great post Jane, Happy Vampire's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love Bleeding Hearts and the idea of a night garden is just perfect!

    A great post Jane, Happy Vampire's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always wanted a Night Garden, but now that we're in Zone 1 I'm guessing I'll have to forget that dream. But what a good idea to grow some of these in a conservatory. If only I had a greener thumb! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A vampire's night garden? Brilliant! Now I want to plant bleeding hearts and imagine what creatures will come to my garden to play in the night. ^♥^

    ReplyDelete
  8. A vampiric night garden sounds sublime, Jane. I'm not much of a gardener, I'm afraid, but this idea is so tantalizing. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  9. I burn Jasmie oil at night! Your flower choice is amazing! Thank you for bright ins up my freezing winter evening!
    Bleeding hearts would be my ️favorite ! xoDebi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Didn't know you had 2 blogs...nearly missed this fabulous petal filled post ....am know wanting Night scented stock in my garden :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE these bloody beautiful blooms! I'll be flying over to visit your dollies soon!
    Thanks so much for attending the Soiree! Hope you had a happy Vampire's Day! ^♥^

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE these bloody beautiful blooms! I'll be flying over to visit your dollies soon!
    Thanks so much for attending the Soiree! Hope you had a happy Vampire's Day! ^♥^

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, you know so many great plants! I might have to have a few nightflowers for summer evenings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you all for visiting, so happy you like strolling through a vampires garden. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts