Modern comfort bliss

I love history but I'm a modern girl when it comes to home comforts. It's sheer bliss now the plumbers have finished and I've at last got central heating and hot water on tap back. I have managed perfectly fine for the past few months, hobsons choice when you have to, and I was lucky to have the shower and dishwasher but it's still lovely not to have to boil the kettle for general use of hot water for cleaning etc.

The plumbers were nice blokes, they worked hard and did a good job and I was happy to supply them with copious cups of tea and coffee. I'm happy it's all done though and I've at last got the house to myself again, this is my little sanctuary and always feel unsettled when others are about. Next month the roofing is planned and then the following month a new door so not quite all finished yet but I've got a bit of breathing space and I can at least get the inside back to semi normal. My craft table can once again be put up and put to use, my craft stuff and little collections can come out of their storage boxes. My dollhouses can be re-sited. It will take a little while but it will be nice to have it sorted again, I've missed being able to play and create.

Comments

  1. It's great having work done, but even better getting your home back!

    And just in time for Halloween too ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great having work done, but even better getting your home back!

    And just in time for Halloween too ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, as much as I like stories from the past I am very glad to live in the present where I can not die of preventable diseases, have indoor plumbing and the lot! Glad things are getting back in order!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo happy the work is done and you are in comfort. As someone who grew up without indoor plumbing and without electricity, I can say that once you've had the latter... thinking about a life with only the former makes a soul blink extra fast, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will be glad when it is finished. We did some decorating earlier this year that then took double the time allowed for it. This afternoon we finally put all the pictures back up and declared it finished!! I hate it when the house is all topsy turvy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts