Magic in the air

It had been a normal English summer day, that mixture of sun and rain, not overly warm but comfortable. Irene had come up to raid my garden for some more fruit, freely exchange for some of her delicious gooseberry curd. As we made our way down to the fruit garden I notice a wonderful rainbow in the sky just above the tree top line and while chatting of family and friends, the fruit gradually mounting up in bowls I turned to see the moon out opposite the rainbow. I don't do magic and spells or casting of circles for elaborate rituals but I know magic when I feel it and it was there air between the rainbow and the moon, it wrapped around you like a cloak and for a while I was sad that Irene couldn't feel it, but then I realised that she was just as happy as I, she planning her cooking and talking of family, me feeling part of a wider family that stretch in to the unseen. Magic is different things to different people.

Magic isn't just to be find in books or films, it's not about what you buy or how you set things up. Do these things if they help, but magic is as real as breathing, it's everywhere and everlasting. Like many things you can go looking for it, but sometimes it will find you even when you when you are not looking, all you need to have is an open heart and mind. Not all of us will see or feel magic in the same way, for some it's doing things in a prescribed way, for others it's in family and friends and for some it's in the marvels of nature but when you feel it you know.

Comments

  1. You are so right. What a great thing to happen. I can imagine how you felt. I've had such experiences too. Have a magical Lammas.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts